Let’s admit it, it’s difficult to find someone who doesn’t love pasta. Whether the shape is pene, rigatoni, or bowtie, or whether the sauce is pesto, marinara, or alfredo, it’s just hard to resist a tasty pasta dish.
Pasta dishes fills you up and typically leave you with some leftovers. However, even pasta night can get a bit boring when you stick to your tried and tested recipes all the time. But the Green Olive Shrimp Pasta will say “Goodbye!” to those boring, repeated recipes. This recipe will surely elevate your favorite pasta dishes!
Furthermore, this zesty pasta dish will only take around 30 minutes to make. Easy right?
Here are the ingredients for Green Olive Shrimp Pasta:
- 1 pound of small peeled and deveined shrimp
- 12 ounce of angel hair pasta
- Kosher salt
- 3 tablespoon of olive oil
- ¼ cup of grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoon of capers, ideally drained
- ½ cup of fresh dill
- 1 clove garlic, pressed is preferable
- 3/ 4 cup pitted green olives
- 1 cup of flat-leaf parsley
- 1 scallion, finely chopped is preferable
- ¼ cup of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of grated lemon zest
- ¼ cup of panko
How To Cook It:
- Get a large pot of water and boil it. Now, in a small skillet, toast panko over medium heat, tossing it occasionally until it becomes golden brown. This should take around 6 minutes. Just remove it from heat and toss with scallion and lemon zest.
- In a food processor, pulse capers, dill, garlic, olives, and parsley until they’re finely chopped. Then add Parmesan and pulse to mix, then add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and oil and pulse again to mix.
- Add 1 tablespoon of Kosher to salt, then add shrimp and pasta and cook until the shrimps become opaque inside and out. Just do it for around 2-3 minutes. Then, reserve 1 cup pasta cooking water, then drain the pasta and shrimp and return them to pot. Just toss with remaining 2 tablespoon lemon juice. Then put another ½ cup of cooking water and olive sauce. You can add more water if you see that the pasta looks still dry. Finally, topped with lemony breadcrumbs and enjoy!